Monday, August 25, 2008

The TERMINATOR!!




Okay, so this weekend was wiggity whacked with a CAPITAL "W." I awoke in the early morning to the sounds of Delaney vomiting. I tried to be a good mother, I was rubbing her back, trying to help clean up the mess but my gag reflex kicked in. If there's one thing I don't do it's vomit. Jason being the good father that he is took over on puke duty. I awoke Saturday morning with the "feeling," it's like you just know you're getting ready to be sick. The day was gone, Over, DONE!! I was sick and puking my eyeballs out, LITERALLY. Nine hours later I finally take a look at myself in the mirror and see that the blood vessels (especially in my right eye) have broken. I look like a freak of nature people! My friends have lovingly named me "The Terminator." (Everyone insert your best ARNOLD impersonation) I mean, children were staring at me at dinner. It gives me a pretty good laugh. I've enclosed a picture of the eye for your viewing entertainment. Thank you ALL for your prayers during our sick time.

5 comments:

Kath said...

(((Heather))) Puke duty belongs to Tom in this house! If I try to help when one of the kids is tossing their cookies, Tom knows he will have to clean up two messes!

Heather Paul said...

AMEN to that Kathy!

Bonnie said...

We were praying for you all weekend. So sorry to hear about your eye.

I hope that this week is a good week for you! :)

Bonnie K.

3T Heppenstall said...

Hey Heather,
Just wanted to say hello since I saw that you have a blog! What better post to comment on than the one with "The Terminator!" :-) But seriously, it looks like God is doing many blessings in you and through you. Will try to remember you guys in my prayers.

Much Love,
Terecita

Heather Hekman said...

Glad you're feeling better and hope Jason feels better from his cold. The picture of you and Delaney is precious.