Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy Friday





I can't believe we have already finished week two! This week went by extremely fast. I think I'm finally starting to get used to "communal" living. It's been so strange, like I'm back in school again, living at the dorms, but my husband and daughter live with me. (Insert Twilight Zone theme song) Okay, so yesterday was pretty cool. For lunch we were told that we would have a "special meal." We were told it would be some type of Middle Eastern food. The meal was Moroccan and was actually spectacular. We had lamb meatballs, flat bread and a type of pico de gallo which had cucumber, onion, pepper and tomato. We were told we could not use our left hand because in that culture your left hand is considered unclean. We didn't use utensils either. MUCHO fun experience!!

Today was a pretty emotional day. They had a psychologist come and talk to us about the amount of stress we will be under and the effects of culture shock. They also talked to us about making sure we say "good" goodbyes. I think everyone is dreading the day we say goodbye to our families at the airport. This will be a tough day!!

Tonight a group of us went to Chipotle for dinner. This brought back found memories of home. ME LOVE CHIPOTLE!!

What did I learn spiritually this week? "God wants to be glorified in our lives." Obviously this is a very simple lesson but really got me thinking. Is my talk glorifying the Lord? Is my witness glorifying the Lord? Is my behavior glorifying the Lord? Am I willing to give it all, my life, so that God is glorified? Uh....YES!! I leave you with one last statement, "HIS GLORY IS MY REWARD!!" May God get the glory in everything I do.

No comments: