Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fun Times at ILC!

Hello family and friends. As I write to you I am completely exhausted. Since I spoke with you last much has gone on. Friday we had our "spiritual retreat." What a wonderful time they gave us just to spend with the Father. The setting here is so peaceful. Delaney and I often walk down to the lake and sit by the water and sing. At night when I go out for my walk all the cows are out grazing. The weather here is amazing. It's actually been cold at night and feels like the mid 70's during the day. A group of us went out on Saturday to celebrate a friend's birthday. It was nice to get off campus. I've started to get a little stir crazy every now and then. It's so strange not having a car and being able to leave whenever you want. The campus does have vans we can check out but it's not the same. Last night I baked cupcakes for the office staff and for the girls of Central and Eastern Europe. In the group going to CEE there are only two other couples and all the rest are graduated college girls. It's been fun, everyone is still getting to know each other. Delaney has started opening up so much more. On Sunday we had house church and afterwards Delaney stayed in the common area with all the girls, she showed them her pictures of family and played tea set with them. Delaney has finally bonded with some of the other kids as well, I'm excited to see this finally happening. Sunday evening we had a mapping ceremony. All the families went up and put their picture on the country they'd be serving. I think our family is the most northern family on the map!!
This week has been focused on Spiritual Warfare. The president of the IMB, Jerry Rankin, has been leading all the sessions. It's been a very interesting subject. Well, tonight we have a Ladies Tea and the women who work for IMB are going to be praying for us ladies.
Please email or mail! We miss you all.

No comments: