Wednesday, August 6, 2008

MEET VIRGINIA!!

Finally, I post. Sorry it has taken me so long, we've been having computer issues!! So, we're finally here. Traveling on Monday was ridiculous and I mean it when I say, "I never want to have a layover in Atlanta again." We ended up having an eight hour layover. God definitely has been reminding us of the fact that we truly have no control over ANYTHING. Harsh reality!! We finally got to our apartment at 12:30 am, HELLO?! Delaney's head was about to start spinning, however, it never did. The next day we got settled in and got to see Delaney's classroom, meet her teacher and walk the campus. We reconnected with our friends we met at our interview conference, one couple is going to Iceland and the other Paris, France.
Today was the actual first day of our sessions. We went over ALOT of medical stuff and I think we're each going to have to get a large amount of shots, please pray for Delaney regarding that. I did hear about a "spiritual retreat" we get to do on Friday. Basically, they give you a box lunch and tell you to go have a quite time for three hours. I'm excited about this!! A generous couple let us borrow their car and a group of us did a Target run. Had to stock up on some Diet Coke, they don't have soda here. BUMMER!! I will learn to survive.
I miss family and friends terribly. The first couple of days have been hard, I'm excited but a little nervous at the same time. I think I've stopped asking, "What have I gotten myself into?" I think this eight weeks will be a great learning experience and I will try to keep you updated on what's going on. I'm already having withdrawals from my kitchen, I'm needing to bake something. I think I'm going to bake cupcakes for the office staff. I will hopefully post in a couple days. Please keep me in the loop of things that are going on in YOUR life as well.

4 comments:

Kath said...

(((Hugs))) and prayers for you!
Mikaija misses you terribly!

Heather Paul said...

Hey Kathy, I miss her too! Thanks for the hugs! Hope you are doing well.

Heather Hekman said...

So, this experience in Virginia is like a soft version of what you'll be doing farther away, huh? The things I take for granted! I think of you often and pray for you, too.

Heather Paul said...

Thanks Heather! You're too sweet!