Friday, December 19, 2008

Date Night and more...

The Lord has blessed us with WONDERFUL team mates here in Finland!! The Sivonen family graciously offered to keep Delaney overnight so Jason and I could go out. This was our first date since being in Finland. About time, huh?

Jason and I took the train to Helsinki and went to this cute little cafe called Cafe Ekberg, their bakery is known for creating the Napoleon (it's a pastry type dessert). The food was great and we had a wonderful time just enjoying each other's company. We did some Christmas shopping and we actually got to stay out past 8:00!! Ha!


Earlier this week I went to the swim hall with a friend and FINALLY did the SAUNA thing. Before I came here I used to be the most modest person but I have found I have to throw the modest thing out the door. The sauna is one of the most relaxing rituals, I've become a fan!

Yesterday we received three boxes from the U.S. We received so much great stuff, enchilada sauce, sweetened condensed milk, CHOCOLATE CHIPS and so much more. I was able to make some fudge (a Christmas staple in my home). We are so grateful to our Sunday School class back in California, thank you for the wonderful things. Also, thank you mom, Jessica, Jordan, Aunt Linda, Uncle Jerry, Amanda, Grandma and Grandpa for all the gifts, Delaney can't wait to open them. We love you guys.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Heather! You did the sauna! And you didn't die! I'm so proud.

How is Delaney enjoying Christmas in Finland so far?

Love y'all!

Jaclyn.... said...

Finland sounds like a very interesting place! :)

I'm glad you're braving the sauna....go native, girl.

Sorrelle said...

Soooooo I was reading a blog earlier yesterday morning and it was about a missionary couple in Finland. Later that night I came across you on Karen Strangs Facebook and saw what you were up to. Next I googled you and found your blog. I had this sneaky little feeling that you would have one. My my my you are up to a lot love. How is it other than cold?

The blog is amazing I hope you find time to add to it often.

Hope all is well.
Sorrelle

Sorrelle said...

http://housewifeuniversity.blogspot.com/

The other blog I found yesterday morning. You guys are getting a Starbucks...cool.

Sara said...

See!! Sauna is GREAT !!!