Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Open Day-Care

Earlier this week I experienced a perk of living in Finland. It's called Open Day Care. Basically, they have these facilities all over the city. You bring your child, they have all kinds of crafts, toys and activities for the kids to do. Moms hang out and talk while the kids play. They have a full kitchen, you can bring your lunch and make it there. On certain days they will have special things arranged for the moms. The day I went there was a masseuse. You could get a half hour session for 14 euro. I had another mom convince me to go AND she paid my way!! (Thanks again Hannah) The rest of the moms just keep an eye on your kid, it was really cool.

While I was getting my massage the masseuse was asking me a few questions, he spoke pretty good English. However, I was alarmed by the next question he asked. Out of no where the masseuse asked, "How does it TASTE?" My mind starts racing and I'm asking myself, oh lordy, what have I gotten myself into? In my head I'm like WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU ASKING SIR??? Instead of freaking out I politely say, "Excuse me?" He followed up with, "Oh, I'm sorry. How does it FEEL? Whew....that was a relief. I'm still laughing two days later.

7 comments:

Heather Hekman said...

That's funny. Glad you didn't over-react. Some things you don't ever want to have to get used to, huh?:) That's a neat thing they have going in Finland. Glad Hannah encouraged you to go.

StephMont said...

OH MY GOSH! That is hilarious! And imagining your reaction makes it even funnier! Thanks, Heather. I love your blog and I love you!

Cindi Smith said...

You are a funny daughter! I love that about you. Your blog makes me giggle...

Battle Maiden said...

I just about fell on the floor crying! Hear you! I mean see you!

garmancj@comcast.net said...

Okay, I just got caught up on your blog since FPO...wasn't too hard :) That was a GREAT post! You crack me up. Open Day-Dare sounds amazing; I wish they had that here. There are only 2 stay at home moms that I know of in this country; ALL the kis attend preschool. sad. lonely. I guess I just need to trust God to provide friends. We prayed for you guys last night. Miss you and hope to see you in Bavaria! (did you get that email?) this is annie btw.

Ryder Royalty said...

LOL....SO Funny Heather! Language barriers....

Sara said...

How does it taste?! heheh Oh my goodness...Good that you enjoyed the Open Day care...it's really great indeed!!