Monday, September 15, 2008

Are We There Yet?





I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. We have about 2 weeks left on the "farm." I'm not gonna lie, I am ready to leave this place. We've built wonderful relationships and have learned so much, however, we're ready to be in Finland ALREADY!! We've been sent pictures of our apartment in Espoo and it made everything very REAL. The apartment is straight out of an IKEA catalog, we feel so privileged.

This Thursday the entire camp goes to Washington D.C. for a cross-cultural evangelism trip. I haven't been to D.C since I was in high school so I'm excited to take it all in for a second time. Please pray that we might have opportunities to talk with people about the Father.

One thing I've enjoyed here is that I've been able to bake. I've made cupcakes, Key Lime pie and cinnamon rolls (I have a pile of requests for more). I've learned to improvise with the kitchen utensils. I've realized I CAN survive without my Kitchen Aid.

I'll write on Friday and fill you in on our D.C. trip.


5 comments:

Erin said...

I LOOOOOVE these pictures! Delaney looks like she was such a good sport for pictures.

Kath said...

Great pictures!

Can't wait to see you guys when you come 'home' for a bit!

Cindi Smith said...

Miss you guys so much!

3T Heppenstall said...

These pics are great! Such a beautiful family!

God is doing AMAZING things through you, in you, and around you!!

Heather Hekman said...

Glad you have learned a lot and that it has made you even more excited to go to Finland. It's from God, huh? Very fun pictures, too. I will pray for your D.C. experience.